Cooling is a significant chunk of your electric bill and increasing insulation is a cost-effective way to lower your energy bills and consume less electricity. Whether going green or saving green motivates you, proper insulation is a powerful option.
How Insulation Works
Performance of insulation is measured by its R-value, which is the material’s ability to resist change (in this case, temperature). Think of your home like a can of soda fresh from the fridge. Adding a koozie is like adding insulation to your home; different materials or thicknesses of your koozie keep it cooler longer.
If you have a thick koozie with a high R-value but with lots of holes, it may not keep your drink as cool as a thin koozie, with lower R-value but with no holes.
Understanding the R-value of your home will require a lot of calculations on the relative R-values of the materials in your home already and will only be one factor for insulating properties of your home.
R-value helps you compare one insulation material to another. However, there are many factors you need to consider in order to receive the full value from the material. Proper installation as well as knowing how much insulation you need to properly complete a job is extremely important.
Insulation has changed a lot; It’s not all cotton candy fiberglass anymore. The tools and materials have increased the performance of insulation enormously. Advanced materials often involve specialized tools.
What a Professional Can Do for You
Insulation installation can be expensive, and while it’s possible to do some projects yourself, it might be a bad idea. From dealing with itchy insulation or paying extra to fix improper installation; it can be irritating. Here are a few reasons to reconsider saving yourself the hassle.
Why Hire a Professional?
- Professionals take in every factor of your home and recommend the best insulation for you.
- Trained eyes can more easily spot present and future problems in your home to save you money.
- They are pros: You can’t get the full life or insulation value of the material if it is not properly installed.
- Professionals bring knowledge of local codes and regulations to keep your home up to compliance.
- Specialized tools create a better and faster application of higher-quality and better-performing materials.
- Professionals wear the right gear for protection against contaminants and debris and also properly dispose of old material without harming you.
- It’s cheaper for a contractor to purchase materials in bulk than for you to buy insulation on your own.
- Warranties on our work ensure you are getting what you need out of your insulation installation.
If you are ready to get the most out of your insulation, contact Attic Projects for attic insulation along with other services. To learn more about why we are the best choice for home insulation installation, check out our website or contact us for more information.